Not convinced you want to travel abroad? Or maybe you want to but need a good excuse for spending all that money! Well, below we give some of the main reasons for taking a trip overseas. Whether it's a two-week holiday or a gap year, there are many benefits to exploring the world.
- To take a break - before considering why you want to go somewhere, a good reason could simply be to leave here. Wanting a break from education or work, needing time to think things through, needing to escape the stress or monotony of everyday life, are all common motivators to go abroad.
- To see some amazing landscapes and scenery that you never knew existed - everyone likes a good view, but if you're a photographer, artist, or even poet, there's heaps of material out there!
- To do things you can't do in the UK - conquer a 6000m peak, trek through rainforest, see wildlife you've only ever seen on TV, or even just bask in the sun on palm-fringed powder-soft beaches.
- To make new friends - whether it's locals or fellow travellers, you will encounter all sorts of people on a trip abroad.
- To learn a language - immersing yourself in the daily life of a country is the best way to pick up or improve a language.
- To help those less fortunate - teach English or volunteer your services in numerous schemes to help poor communities.
- To learn new skills - apart from becoming more independent, your experiences can teach you how to overcome problems, how to improvise in unfamiliar situations and how to plan and organise your time. Working on a community project or sharing the 'housekeeping' on an overland expedition provides valuable teamwork experience.
- To take your hobby to the next level - many hobbies and interests aren't limited to the UK, for example: why not try rock-climbing in some proper mountains, or horse riding on the prairie.
- To discover other religions and lifestyles to help broaden your outlook on life and appreciate the vast differences in cultures across the world.
- To have fun! Whatever your reasons, any trip abroad should be exciting, hugely enjoyable and will provide great memories that stay with you for the rest of your life!
Website owned, designed and maintained by global explorer
Copyright © 2010 global explorer